Scientific Research &
Experimental Development (SR&ED)
Many companies perform SR&ED activities as part of their day-to-day operations without realizing that these activities are eligible for tax credits. The SR&ED tax credit is an incentive program which allows the Federal and Provincial Governments to promote research and development in Canada by offsetting some of the costs associated with the risks.
SR&ED tax credits in Quebec are amongst the most generous in the world and in many cases can represent more than 80% of rresearch-associated expenses. These credits are generally refundable and go straight to your bottom line.
Commonly claimed eligible R&D activities include:
- Development of new products or processes
- Enhancement of existing products
- Software development
- Modification of equipment for new application
- Creation of new manufacturing processes
- Automation of existing processes
Eligibility depends on the projects’ fulfillment of three specific criteria. The R&D department specializes in demonstrating eligibility and supporting claims in a broad variety of industries.
Why work with us?
The R&D team includes professional engineers and tax professionals who work exclusively to support R&D claims.
Our Solutions Include:
- Identifying eligible projects
- Preparing technical reports
- Identifying eligible expenses & maximizing tax credits
- Cost accounting and preparing R&D section of tax returns
- Developing and implementing methods for documenting future work
- Assistance with tax and technical audits and government authorities
With years of experience in the field, we help to manage this complex process.